Re: req. pointer to howto

Having just gone through this myself...  first download
the tex/latex packages (must be in .bz2 format) from
http://lilypond.org/cygwin/uploads/tetex/.  The 3.0.0-2
packages now work, but if you genuinely want to go back
to the 2.0.2-15 version, they are there in the appropriate
directory.  Copy them into a separate directory on your
cygwin machine.  Then run setup.exe.  When it asks you
where you want to install from, select "local directory",
and then input the directory where you copied your
packages.

It will ask you where you want the root directory next,
but that is some place like c:\cygwin (not where you've
copied your packages).  Then continue with the installation.
Setup will give you a list of packages to install.
Change the "default" to "install" and your packages will
be selected for installation.

Then proceed as you normally would, and it will install
just fine.

-Dave Johnson
cdjohnson@austin.rr.com

beau wrote:
Hi all.  I don't see where to find out how to revert to an older
version of a package (in this case, tex/latex).  I've tried running
setup.exe, but when I get to the package selection dialog I don't see
older versions as options.  faq, howto, any and all pointers greatly
appreciated...

beau