This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: XEmacs+aspell failed on cygwin 1.5.14-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 00:34:54 -0400
- Subject: Re: XEmacs+aspell failed on cygwin 1.5.14-1
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 10:47:37PM -0400, TX wrote:
>Sorry, I forgot to include the error message in my previous post:
>Aspell.exe - Application Error
>The instruction at "0x6109f478" referenced memory at "0x00000010".
>The memory could not be "read".
The 2005-04-05 snapshot may fix this problem. It is being generated now.
I say "may fix" because I could not duplicate the problem but I could
convince myself that there were a couple of potential problems that were
caused by a change to the "muto" initialization in cygwin that I introduced
in 1.5.14. While tracing through the code I actually came across at least
one case where the new code prevented a handle leak, though, so it wasn't
So, please try a snapshot: http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ as soon as a
2005-04-05 snapshot shows up. Any snapshot newer than that date will be
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html