Re: 1.5.14: strange sshd error (openssh-3.9p1-2)

On Apr  5 20:30, Greg Kempe wrote:
> $ id
> uid=1005(Greg) gid=513(None)
> groups=0(root),513(None),544(Administrators),545(Users),1008(Debugger
> Users)
>
> But it's not listed as a group in the User and Groups snap-in in
> Computer Management, I don't know if it should be. That'll teach me to
> fiddle with the permissions when everything's working.

That's normal on non-domain machines, unfortunately.  513 (None) is the
default primary group for all users and ther's nothing you can do about
it in the native environment.  There's some sort of system here, since
it's the same id as used for the "Domain Users" group in domains, which
is the default group for, well, domain users.

In Cygwin you can change the primary group to any group you're member of
by changing the pw_gid entry (e.g. 545 for "Users").

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.