Re: ipc, sockets and windows sp2

On Apr  4 18:05, Vincent Dedun wrote:
> grepping cygserver debug output, show that, with 2 child process
> sharing mutex, wakeup is called first, then 2 msleep are called. So
> when msleep is called, wakeup has already been called, and msleep has
> to sleep forever.

What you see is intermixed debug output of different threads.  The log
output is not guranteed to be in the right order.  I've improved debug
output slightly so that it's at least possible to recognize mtx_locks
and mtx_unlocks which are connected and who's the current owner of a
mtx_lock.

I have debugged cygserver now for two days and have found various bugs,
one showing up as soon as another one was fixed.  I've rewritten the
in the BSD code (which probably is no problem when running in the BSD
kernel).

I've checked in a pretty big patch which works fine for me (but what
does that count?)

HTH,
Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.