This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
What puts /cygdrive in the root directory?
- From: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:10:16 +0100
- Subject: What puts /cygdrive in the root directory?
- Reply-to: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
I've noticed this on two different installations: suddenly the directory
cygdrive/ has appeared in the Cygwin root directory. I didn't put it there
and it's dated 1st Jan 1970, suggesting some kind of automated imposition
from above. I guess its creation came with one of the recent upgrades? I
find it rather awkward (eg suddenly "find /" finds stuff in _all_ the drives
on my system) so I've deleted it. Can anybody tell me anything about its
mystery arrival? Thanks.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html