lilypond-doc-2.4.3-1 using setup.exe 2.457.2.1 fails to display music images

For the last couple of versions of lilypond documents in cygwin, I do not get music images. Lilypond was recently updated to 2.4.3.-1 with no correction of the problem behavior.

If there is a better place to report these, please e-mail me. I have done my best in determine where to post, but explinations use different vocabulary than "problems with a particular package downloaded with setup" when describing problem reporting conventions, so this is just my best guess as to where to report the problem.

Lilypond docs has a large number of music graphics which are supposed to display in examples, tutorials, and many other places.

NONE of these display properly. Instead, the alternative text "_[image of music]_" is displayed.

My starting point is to browse F:\cygwin\usr\share\doc\lilypond-2.4.3-1\index.html which under WindowsXP is redirected to file:///F:/cygwin/usr/share/doc/lilypond-2.4.3-1/Documentation/out-www/index.html

Drilling down to any tutorial or other documentation showing music notation displays the "_[image of music]_" text rather than the appropriate graphic. This behavior is seen in Firfox, Netscape 7.2, and the current Internet Explorer.

I have WindowXP Professional which is up to date.
As of today, April 6, 2005, cygwin is completely up to date through setup.exe 2.457.2.1. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the lastest version of Lilypond with no change in behavior.