Can't Add Users in Cygwin

Sorry, I've searched the lists quite a bit as well as the documenation and other online sources that I could find. I couldn't find anything that was both similar to my problem and had a solution that I could understand. I've been trying to add domain users to Cygwin from our main domain server. It has Windows 2003 Server installed. The first account that it made automatically, adminstrator, seems to work perfectly. After that, however, none of the accounts work. I think I'm using the correct commands...
mkgroup -d > /etc/group
mkpasswd -d "domain name" -u "user name" >> /etc/passwd
The entries in /etc/passwd and /etc/group look very similar to the entries for the administrator account that works just fine, however, a home directory isn't made and login always fails for the other accounts. I tried adding a -p /home to the command, but it still didn't make a directory for the user. Does anyone know what this is? I'm thinking it might be a problem with permissions, but I have no idea how to fix it.

If it is a permissions problem then this info might help. I'm logging into the main domain server to add the users in Cygwin. I'm logging into the "administrator" account on that computer(same account as the Cygwin account that actually works). The regular "domain users" group that contains all of the users I'm trying to add doesn't have the permission to log on locally to the computer I'm doing this from (thought that might be an issue, but I'm not sure). The "domain users" group doesn't have write priveledges to the C:\cygwin\ folder (does that mean I'd have to change their path to somewhere they DO have priveledges?). That's the main stuff I could think of. Please let me know if one of these could be the problem.

Also, if I missed out on a post that already answered this, please feel free to just give me the link. Sorry, I did a dozen searches or more with different search fields and didn't find the answers I needed.