This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup keeps installing gcc 3.3.3-3
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2005 09:24:59 -0400
- Subject: Re: setup keeps installing gcc 3.3.3-3
- References: <email@example.com> <425439A7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Apr 06, 2005 at 03:33:59PM -0400, Jonathan Arnold wrote:
>Steve Kelem wrote:
>>I am using the latest cygwin and trying to install gcc-3.4.1-1. Each
>>time I run setup, it tries to install 3.3.3-3 even though 3.4.1-1 is
>>current! Each time I deselect gcc-ada, it gets re-selected the next
>>time I run setup.
>You might just want to install the MinGW32 version of gcc. It is
>currently at 3.4.2 anyway:
Actually, no, you might not want to install the mingw version of gcc if
you want to produce cygwin executables. There is nothing in the OP to
suggest that they were not interested in cygwin. Please don't confuse
the issue by suggesting incompatible solutions.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html