Re: Convertion from cygwin to linux

Is this a home-grown application (Created by you, or someone you
know, or your company?), or is it a package you retrieved from the 'net?
What Flavor of linux are you running?  If it's a well known app, then you
might be able to find a pre-compiled version already packaged, depending
upon what flavor of linux you run.

If it's a home-grown app, and you are compiling it using gcc/g++, then just
copy your source tree over to your linux box, and try running make on
the source tree.  Cygwin's environment is trying to emulate a standard
linux environment, such that any libraries that are provided are source
code compatible (Calls to sprintf/malloc/fopen/etc are coded the same
under gcc/g++, independant of OS).  The Cygwin libraries are more of a
Shim, in that they translate Unix/Posix type functionallity into windows
specific behaviour.  Just so you don't get the wrong idea, however, this
is NOT trivial work.

On Thu, 07 Apr 2005 09:17:26 +0530, Mahadevaswamy.Lingaiah wrote:

>Hi,

>I have a source code compiled using cygwin(i386). I need to compile the same source code in Linux(i386). cygwin has its own libraries. But how can I use in
linux? Please put some light on it.

>Regards
>Swamy

>Note: The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential and thus protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not
the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us
immediately by replying to the message and deleting it from your computer. Thank you.