Re: maintaining bash

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Apr  8 12:19, David Dindorp wrote:
>> To be fair, this is probably more a Cygwin DLL problem than a bash
>> problem, or perhaps a "bash hasn't kept up with changes in Cygwin
>> because the maintainer haven't had the time" problem.  It's running
>> quite stable under 1.5.10, it sucks with 1.5.12 and 1.5.13 and any
>> of the latest snapshots..  (Haven't tried 1.5.11, but I will as soon
>> as I get the time.)
>
> It would be more helpful to test with 1.5.14 and current snapshots
> and to help tracking down the problem in Cygwin you suspect.

I'd love to.

Actually I've tried ~10 different recent snapshots in a couple of the
test environments that we have here, and they all worked pretty bad.

The snapshots have a tendency to cause bash to crash rather than hang,
which means I haven't got more than a stack trace to go by.  I've
posted some of them to this list, but haven't really got any pointers
to what could be wrong in any of the cases.  Since I don't know Cygwin
that well, I'm having a hard time figuring it out myself.  I thought
I'd spare the list the noise of reposting the traces, and so I'm
basically just stuck.

If you can tell me how to proceed from here, I'd be happy to throw in
a bunch of manhours to try and find out what's wrong.