RE: maintaining bash

----Original Message----

  There's nothing _obvious_ about that at all.  It would be a false
inference on my part to try and deduce that, because you have not PPASTed
before, you would necessarily be unable to do so in the future.[*]

  Furthermore, it seems to me that if you have some manhours to spend, but
not the lifetimes you feel it would require to get to grips with debugging
the problem at a deep level, then spending those hours trying to create a
simple testcase might be the most productive use you could put them to.

    cheers,
      DaveK

[*] Cf. "Problem of induction, The" and indeed
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=bertrand+russell+inductivist+turkey&sourcei
d=mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.
mozilla:en-US:official
(I feel the second entry, from swin.edu.au, tells it best)