This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Windows 2003 Domain Controller and Cygwin SSH Permission Problem
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Chris Hesse" <chris dot hesse at profitlogic dot com>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 17:18:11 -0400
- Subject: Re: Windows 2003 Domain Controller and Cygwin SSH Permission Problem
- References: <DEBF0638889BEE45B604D53BBB031AB20FB97502@EXCH00.corp.local>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 07:34 PM 3/31/2005, you wrote:
>I have cygwin installed on a windows 2003 enterprise edition domain
>The version of cygwin is:
>$ uname -a
>CYGWIN_NT-5.2 server 1.5.13(0.122/4/2) 2005-03-01 11:01 i686 unknown
>I ran the ssh-host-config -y script and allowed it to create the
>ssh_server user for me.
>I am trying to use cygwin for the OpenSSH functionality but I'm having
>Any user who is a part of the Administrators group can log into the ssh
>console without a problem, but a user who is just a "domain user" gets
>the following error:
>$ ssh user@server
>Last login: Thu Mar 31 18:21:38 2005 from server.domain.com
>bash.exe: warning: could not find /tmp, please create!
>-bash: /etc/profile: Permission denied
>-bash: /home/user/.bash_profile: Permission denied
>-bash: /home/user/.bash_logout: Permission denied
>Connection to server closed.
>As you can see, the user is authenticated, but the Permission denied
>errors come up. I've tried giving this particular "user" full controll
>over the entire directory structure and this error still occurs.
>Any help or direction you can provide would be very appreciated.
Can the user above start 'cygwin.bat' successfully if logged into Windows
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html