This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: I cannot change cygdrive prefix (yes, checked docs, faq and archives)
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 19:32:55 -0700
- Subject: Re: I cannot change cygdrive prefix (yes, checked docs, faq and archives)
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
> Nothing I can change the cygdrive prefix. I recall
> being able to do it before.
You're getting confused because you can set the cygdrive prefix both
system-wide and per-user, and the latter takes precedent.
> c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
> y: on /cygdrive/y type user (binmode,noumount)
^^^ note "user"
> /> mount -s -b --change-cygdrive-prefix /
^^^ note "-s" meaning change the system-wide mount
So, you're changing the system-wide cygdrive prefix but since you have a
user-defined cygdrive prefix it is taking precedent. I believe this was
a recent change which is why you are seeing it now.
If you want to get rid of the user cygdrive, do "umount -uc" and then
set the desired cygdrive prefix system-wide with "mount -sc /".
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html