Re: sshd problems

Dear John,

sorry for the delay I answer you;
I made several attempt changing ownerships of files etc...
Finally this morning i uninstalled everithing following
the cygwin instructions:

"Setup has no automatic uninstall facility. Just delete
everything manually:
 Cygwin shortcuts on the Desktop and Start Menu
 The registry tree `Software\Cygnus Solutions' under
`HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE'
and/or `HKEY_CURRENT_USER'.
 Anything under the Cygwin root folder, `C:\cygwin' by default.
 Anything created by setup in its temporary working directory. "

and downloaded another setup.exe for a new installation
I run
ssh-host-config -y
and press enter at the environment variable question
Default is "ntsec". CYGWIN=

after I started sshd with no errors message;
var/log/sshd was  ok(no nassages at all)
ownership of ssh_host_*,  var/emty, var/log/sshd  were ok

I set exception for port 22 in windows firewall(well I
did that before installing)

sshd IS in present in taskmanager

ssh to linux machine works fine

BUT

ssh FROM linux machine to cygwin machine still doesn' t work:

 $ ssh user@************.it
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@       WARNING: POSSIBLE DNS SPOOFING DETECTED!          @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
The RSA host key for ***************** has changed,
and the key for the according IP address ******************
has a different value. This could either mean that
DNS SPOOFING is happening or the IP address for the host
and its host key have changed at the same time.
Offending key for IP in /home/*******/.ssh/known_hosts:6
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-
middle attack)!
It is also possible that the RSA host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the RSA key sent by the remote host is
85:**:df:f0:c7:**:69:a4:19:09:bd:**:1f:70:2b:39.
Add correct host key in /home/********/.ssh/known_hosts
to get rid of this message.
Offending key in /home/*********/.ssh/known_hosts:8
RSA host key for ************* has changed and you have
requested strict checking.
Host key verification failed.
$ nedit .ssh/known_hosts

here I canceled lines rlative to cygwin machine and tried again:

ssh: connect to host ************ port 22: Connection timed out
ssh: connect to host ************ port 22: Connection timed out
$

Please, have you got any idea???