Re: File name too long (91)

On Apr 10 02:07, Xu?n Baldauf wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm hitting "File name too long (91)" errors when using "rsync" or even
> "ls" within cygwin. I tracked down this problem to the constant
> "CYG_MAX_PATH", which seems to be defined in "cygtls.h". Would it be a
> problem to rise this limit?

Yes.  The main reason is, it won't work.  Cygwin is using the ASCII
variations of Win32 functions which limit the path length to 260
characters, including the trailing 0.  Just raising a define won't
change anything.  The real long term solution is to use the WideChar
variations of the Win32 functions or the NT API instead, but that
would not work on 9x (heh, *I*'m sayin that) and even then, it's a
lot of work, especially to do it right.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.