[Unknown version] - Could not delete some cygwin files from filesystem

Hi. I have recently installed windows xp on my windows 2000 box, where
I had installed cygwin. I did'n format the hd, i simply deleted from
filesystem all the files I didn't need anymore.
There are some files contained in the cygwin dir which could'nt be
removed. Windows tells me they are in use or the disk is full. It is
false.
I rebooted into safe mode command prompt, but i couldn't still remove
the files. There is a number of corrupted links.
The problem I find is similar to this:

Can you suggest me what is happening?