Courier-IMAP on cygwin

I am currently trying to install courier imap on cygwin. I have seen
several people on the list saying they have managed it, but I don't seem
to be able to get it working. In fact I don't even get courier-authlib
(0.55) to configure without errors.

When I start configure without the --without-authldap option I get the
following error:

checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking whether -lresolve is needed for res_query... configure: error:
Cannot find function res_query

However when I inlcude the --without-authldap option the first bit of configure seems to work, but them when it gets to libltdl it suddenly fails with:

configure: error: invalid package name: authldap

Can anyone tell me how to get around this? I can compile it on my linux box without a problem.

Thank you very much,

Kees Vonk