This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problem running xgettext after compiling gettext 0.14.1 with gc c 3.3.3
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 09:33:28 +0200
- Subject: Re: Problem running xgettext after compiling gettext 0.14.1 with gc c 3.3.3
- References: <Pine.GSO.email@example.com> <20050411053931.2F06584599@pessard.research.canon.com.au>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Apr 11 15:39, Luke Kendall wrote:
> On 25 Feb, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
> > > "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000022). Click on
> > > OK to terminate the application"
> > Ah, right, 0xc0000022 is "access denied", and 0xc0000005 is "access
> > violation" (i.e., SEGV), most likely inside DllMain. Sorry, got confused
> > for a moment.
> > One thing you could try is set breakpoints in all of the DllMain
> > functions, and trace through...
> Is the program installed on an NTFS file system? I seem to recall
> someone mentioning some special permission/privilege needed for a file
> to be allowed to execute from NTFS.
0xc0000022 you often get if the application is linked against a DLL which
has no excute bit set in the permisions.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Project Co-Leader mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html