From: Stefan Kost <ensonic@hora-obscura.de>
To: Jamiil Abdullah-Alkadir <jamiil_abdullah_alkadir@hotmail.com>
CC: gtk-list@gnome.org,  gtk-app-devel-list@gnome.org,  cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: GTK+, CYGWIN & MSW
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:51:34 +0200

Hi Jamiil,

that is normal when using Cygwin. If you want a native version use MingW together with the gtk+ builds e.g. Tor offers.

Stefan

I have finally got an application to compile under cygwin, but to run it I have to launch the X server, 'startx' to be able to run the program under cygwin. However, I am not able to run the program form windows, I have added the 'cygwin.dll' and 'cygX11-6.dll' directories to the 'autoexec.bat' '%path%'. the program just does not run. What can I do to get this fixed?

TIA

MSN® Calendar keeps you organized and takes the effort out of scheduling get-togethers. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.

Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built on patented Microsoft® SmartScreen Technology. http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium right now and get the first two months FREE*.