Re: Python 2.3.5

Jason Tishler wrote:
Godefroid,

On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 02:59:45PM -0400, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:

Thanks for your answer,

You are quite welcome.

sorry for the delay on my side, I am just back from vacation.

No problem.

Jason Tishler wrote:

On Fri, Apr 01, 2005 at 03:46:37PM -0500, Godefroid Chapelle wrote:

This is a question for the Python maintainer : I'd like to know if
he has the plan to release 2.3.5 for Cygwin.

No, I only plan to maintain 2.4 and later releases. FWIW, Python 2.4 is part of the standard Cygwin distribution:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2004-12/msg00002.html

This would be appreciated a lot as it is the required version for
using the coming Zope 2.8

Does Zope 2.8 run under Python 2.4?

Nope, a full security audit needs to happen first.

Oh.

How big is the work to produce a 2.3.5 release

Not much, Cygwin Python builds OOTB.

What does OOTB mean ?

Out of the box ?

Does that mean I can jsut get 2.3.5 sources and build it ?

If this is the case, I can live with it for development.

However, I manually apply one
patch to enable embedding.  See the following for the details, if
interested:

http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/python/python-2.3.3.README

and would it be realistic for me to try it ?

The really issue is making sure 2.3.x and 2.4.x play nicely with each
other when installed via Cygwin setup.exe.

That would be needed for people to be able to make Zope 2.8 run on a Cygwin system with 2.4

BTW, I would have preferred to discuss this publically on Cygwin list.

cced

Thanks, Jason

Godefroid Chapelle (aka __gotcha)  http://bubblenet.be