This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
arrow key work strange
- From: "lin q" <linq936 at hotmail dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 11:33:05 -0600
- Subject: arrow key work strange
I am new to cygwin and find a problem annoying. I have version 1.5.11
installed on my windows XP. I find 2 things in using the BASH command
1) when I press "UP Arrow" key, there is no history command show up. I
must press several times "DOWN arrow" key, and then "UP arrow" works.
2) when the history command shows up, it is very awkward to use LEFT,
RIGHT and BACKSPACE keys. they do not work in normal way. Sometime LEFT and
RIGHT key erase characters while BACKSPACE does not!
I run "set -o" and I see that "vi","history" and "hisexpand" are "on".
Is there any other way I can check if my setting is wrong?
FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar ? get it now!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html