Re: cygwin coreutils-5.3.0-4 rm change breaks Libtool

Eric Blake wrote:

Working around the problem isn't hard, just comment out the offending rm line in Libtool's ltmain.sh,

Which line? Since you already found the culprit, pointing others to the location would be helpful. Can you come up with a simple libtool patch?

I know where. Actually, I'd prefer to keep the rm, if there is a mechanism to say "rm foo but NOT foo.exe". Does the "rm -f foo." trick still work to specify "foo without any extension and I really mean it."

(I'd check, but I'm still using older cygwin kernel/older coreutils at the moment...)

--
Chuck
cygwin libtool maintainer