Problems when installing Cygwin (related to cygwin1.dll)

1. Doing a fresh cygwin install on a machine using OS: WinXP, service pack
2
the cygwin1.dll could not be found. The newly installed/latest cygwin did
therefore
not function.

2. We reverted then to an older downloaded cygwin which we with success
have
installed on a number of PCs.  After installing this on the new machine we
get the
following message when starting a bash terminal:

  "The procedure entry point _impure_ptr could not be located in the
dynamic link
 library cygwin1.dll".

3. Clicking through these error messages (caused by uname.exe,
tty,exe,hostname.exe,
sort.exe,cat.exe and id.exe) everything appears to be fine.

Info:
We compared the WinXPs for the machines, it appears that the newest machine
is using
WinXP Service Pack 2 as opposed to SP1 for the others where we got no
failure messages.

Does anyone know why this is happening

Regards Torfinn Ottesen