Re: No permissions on files created outside Cygwin

On Apr 13 09:29, daniel.steinmann@ubs.com wrote:

> > Not really.  It doesn't explain what gvim exactly does.  The
> > only chance I see is that you weren't logged in as t131085
> > when creating the file, but as a local admin account.
>
> The gvim process has 0 as UID:
>
> pidde2@w01b1k85 ~
> $ ps -fW | grep gvim
>        0    3564       0   ?  09:27:39 D:\programs\Vim\vim63\gvim.exe
>
> Does this make sense?

Nope.  The ps output from the Windows List (-W) apparently doesn't evaluate
the UID always correctly.

> Does it help to reinstall cygwin completly?

Usually not.  Looking more closely into the permissions and perhaps
regenerating /etc/passwd and /etc/group might help more.  Or just
use Cygwin's vim ;-)

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.