numlock on makes fail backspace key

I developed a graphical java application running on a Sun server. When launching the application through cygwin with numlock on, backspace, left arrow, right arrow, ... keys do not work. If I switch off numlock, it works.

I red the "cursors does not work in bash under win98" topic and the FAQ written by Paul Sokolovsky in which it is explained that this known problem is caused by the Microsoft keyboard localiser. But in my case, I use cygwin in WinXP and impossible to find any autoexec.bat and any keyb fr.

Can someone help me?