Re: cygwin X on XP

beau wrote:

Hi all,

Do folks really fire up, say, windows XP, then fire up cygwin, then
run linux-ish X apps from cygwin?  Is it much harder than anything
else I've done?  What I'd be most interested in is integration of
browser-webmail-gpg that I had with my old setup.  Is that a fairly
straightforward task?

Thanks, all, btw, for giving me somthing tasty for my sigline; I'm
actually in a law program, so it's quite topical, and funny (well, at
least to me)

This is a college student's perspective.

I use Cygwin X when I use WinXP and need to ssh in some unix machine. I need X server to display Emacs, and a nice Xterm. From time to time, I also run Wmaker with Cygwin X, it gives a unix friendliness to coder and entertainment power of windows at the same time.

Of course, I will never run Firefox under Cygwin X when I already have it installed in Windows.

... Alan