This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Distributing a program
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 23:51:21 -0400
- Subject: Re: Distributing a program
- References: <000c01c540a3$745fa7c0$0100000a@rocklobster>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, Apr 14, 2005 at 01:38:42PM +1000, Ross Crawford wrote:
>I'm pretty new to Cygwin, and I've created a program (using gcc) that I
>want to distribute to people who may not have Cygwin installed. What
>files do I need to provide so they can run the program?
The easiest thing to do is distribute your program plus source code to
your program (since your program will be GPLed if you distribute it)
and tell people to run setup.exe to install the base version cygwin.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html