apache2 - not running (ontop winXP SP2)

Since cygwin 1.5.13 apache (which is available via setup) is not running
on my winXP SP2 computer.
I would need the program urgently as a development base.

I also compiled apache httpd 2.0.53.
There were no error messages at compile time.
I enclose the strace.o05 file which was produced by following command:
strace -o strace.o05 /opt/apache2/bin/httpd.exe -k start

After a few seconds the command prompt is returning.
ps -ef does not contain any httpd process and the process
which is referenced by httpd.pid is gone
(in this example it was PID=1984)

Does anyone know, whether I should do any special configurations
in order to work correctly within winXP SP2?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Greetings
Rainer Kirsch