Re: Installation problems

George Sohos <sohos <at> sohostech.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I try to run setup.exe and get the following message regardless of the mirror I
> select:
>
> (null) line 1: synatx error, unexpected LT, expecting $end
>
> I haven't seen any recent posts on this matter, but it seems that the last time
> that it happened, someone needed to apply a patch. Can you do it again please?!
>
> Thanks in advance,
> George

I realize that it is bad manners to replya to your post, but I haven't got the
hang of the gmane web interface, and I only noticed that other people have a
proplem after I posted this.

To answer the questions that where asked in that thread:

* I downloaded the executable that is attached to the link on
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/setup.exe
* I do not know what is the version of this executable. There is nothing obvious
indicating a version in the executable itself. I checked through the dependency
walker, ran ./setup.exe -version (and all the variants) but nothing was reported
back. Running strings on it didn't help either.

The best I can do is tell you the md5 checksum of the file I downloaded:

$ md5sum.exe -b setup.exe
5a8fdffbb86feb3389704f25876b3afb *setup.exe

Thanks again,
George