This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Distributing a program
- From: "David Christensen" <dpchrist at holgerdanske dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 22:09:14 -0700
- Subject: RE: Distributing a program
Ross Crawford wrote:
> I'm pretty new to Cygwin, and I've created a program (using gcc) that I want
> to distribute to people who may not have Cygwin installed. What files do I
> need to provide so they can run the program?
Brian Dessent wrote:
> That's a complicated question. ...
I prefer writing utilities and applications in Perl:
1. The tools are free, both as in beer and as in freedom.
2. They run anywhere a Perl interpreter is available (including
http://www.activestate.com/Products/ActivePerl/ for Windows).
3. The Perl license is much less imposing than the GPL, especially Cygwin's
application of the GPL.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html