This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Building a common cygwin enviroment for network distribution
- From: Jason Pearce <jason dot pearce at ieee dot org>
- To: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Carl Perry <cperry at ticom-geo dot com>
- Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:06:16 +0100
- Subject: Re: Building a common cygwin enviroment for network distribution
I've looked around the Cygwin site for information on installation
that doesn't use the supplied setup.exe, and I've found a lot of "you
on your own" so I'm hoping to get some help here. Thanks!
What so wrong with setup.exe?
I am doing a similar cygwin roll out at my work site and I use
setup.exe. It can be run with command line switches so that it does not
prompt the user and installs/updates automatically. Then you just define
you own custom package, add it to Base group and make it depend on all
the pacakges you want installed by default.
By staying with setup.exe your installation process will update as
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html