This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: sshd problems
Of course thanks againn!
So, let's start. this time you asked
- From your data it appears that you can ssh to the
localhost which means your sshd server is
- running. However, you can't connect to your localhost
from the Linux machine; the connection
- times out. Your other examples all look like they are
connections from the localhost to other
- machines, which all appear to work.
- Is this a Windows XP machine with Service Pack 2
installed? Have you opened up the firewall
- to allow port 22 through? If not, that explains
your problem. Port 22 is blocked by default.
- The firewall won't block ssh connections originating
from your localhost to other machines.
- That would be consistent with the data you've shown.
Yes, it's a Windows XP machine with Service Pack 2 installed.
I added an exception for port 22 in Firewall options; anyway
I could have done some mistakes so I ask you to explain me,
please, the correct procedure to allow foreing incoming
through port 22.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html