why $HOME/.bashrc is not picked up?

Hi,
I just installed latest cygwin on my WinXP, I can run command and do some usual stuff, but I found that .bashrc is not picked up in opening a new shell. Here is the file,

      set prompt="%/% "
      set autolist
      set -o vi
      cd $HOME
      alias vi="vim"

      echo hahaha
      ^^^^^^^^

I can not see "hahaha" when I run cygwin.bat to open a new cygwin window.

I am sure HOME is set as I add the following line to cygwin.bat,

echo %HOME%

and I see the correct path.

Then I wonder why else might be wrong here?

Thanks.