----Original Message----

From: Jurgen Defurne
Sent: 14 April 2005 13:38

I still have the following problems :

- The installation of cygwin1.dll keeps hanging at 78 %
-- Probably because the installation is not complete,
i cannot get access to my D: drive (which is just a second drive),
but I can get access to my C: drive and to my network drives.

ANy hints ?

Just one possibility. It might be the same problem, or it might
not.

 Start a bash shell.  Unless your install is really badly
damaged, this should still work.

cd into /etc/postinstall.

Is there a file there called "d.sh"? If so, that's going
to have been causing setup to crash when it tries to handle
it. Execute it directly (enter "./d.sh"), then rename it with "mv
d.sh d.sh.done".

After that setup should be able to complete.

 In fact, if even your bash shell won't work, use a dos
prompt to rename it, then you can run it manually after your
setup has completed by using ". /etc/postinstall/d.sh.done"

cheers,
DaveK

(This may or may not be related to your issue...) I also noticed on the
last update I did that some/all of the packages for ?LaTex? were
updated -- and that the post-install script (post-texmf.sh) took a VERY
long time to complete --- i.e. system looked like it was hung, but was
actually ?building? a lot of postinstall stuff. This was on a slower
processor machine ~400mhz -- WAG is it took about 8-10 minutes. I kept
thinking setup was hung -- ended up cancelling it and running
post-texmf.sh by hand ( I also had to comment out line 11, kept getting
permission denied on removing ~/web2c/*.*fmt).

reid