Re: OpenGL problems

I actively do OpenGL work with cygwin and I use:
-lopengl32 -lglu32 -lgdi32

From: Walt K Michlauk <wkm4@psu.edu>
Date: 2005/04/20 Wed PM 12:17:24 GMT
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: OpenGL problems

Dear Cygwin

I've just downloaded the full complement of CYGWIN and CYGWIN/X files with
the intent of doing builds of some standard X Windows / OpenGl (and also
Motif) programs .  However, I am encountering difficulties.  Could you
please help me with the following :

I'm unable to compile Kilgard's glxsimple.c on my Cygwin
installation.  I've tried using the following command, which works on my
Redhat Linux 8.0 laptop :

	gcc -o glxsimple glxsimple -lGL -LX11R6

but it resulted in a "no such file : GL/glx.h" error. I adjusted this to

	gcc -o glxsimple glxsimple -I/usr/X11R6/include -lGL -LX11R6

which seemed to compile, but produced a "cannot find -lGL" from the linker.

After reading /usr/doc/opengl-1.1.0, I then tried

gcc -o glxsimple glxsimple -I/usr/X11R6/include -Lw32api -lopengl -LX11R6

which again appeared to compile, but resulted in a mound of "undefined
reference" messages to GL function calls, and some to X calls as well.

Can you please provide any help at all ?  An explicit compile and link
instruction is what I need, but even the command to build Oliver Jones
"Hello World" (from his "Introduction to the X Window system") or something
from Kilgard (involving X, OpenGL, and Motif) on Cygwin would be extremely
helpful.

Thanks for the consideration.

Walt Michaluk