This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: OpenGL problems
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 06:00:38 -0700
- Subject: Re: OpenGL problems
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Walt K Michlauk wrote:
> gcc -o glxsimple glxsimple -I/usr/X11R6/include -Lw32api -lopengl -LX11R6
You need to be more careful with your command line switches. "-L"
specifies a directory for the linker to search in, so "-Lw32api" and
"-LX11R6" are both meaningless. You use "-L" to specify a path and "-l"
to specify the name of the library. Case matters.
Try the following instead:
gcc glxsimple.c -o glxsimple -I/usr/X11R6/include -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGL
(You must have the xorg-x11-devel package installed for this to work.)
Furthermore, for questions regarding anything X11-related, the proper
list is cygwin-xfree <at> cygwin <dot> com.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html