How well supported is csh/tcsh?

I have been using bash within my Cygwin environment thus far.
But all are other UNIX machines are set up to use /bin/csh so I am considering making the shift to either /bin/csh or /bin/tcsh under cygwin.

Preliminary experiments look good, but I have the feeling the majority of Cygwin users are with bash, even if I have no factual basis for it! So

o Do most new/upgraded packages work or do you always have to port setup scripts?
o Can I use tsch as a "nicer" csh and should this be fully compatible with csh?
o Any testimonials good or bad?

Regards,
Jason