How is cygwin's minimal setup-data retained in Win32? (Still have an installation problem.)

Hello -

Context: I need to produce a cygwin fileset on CD that I can install on a
system without net access. I don't need a "seamless" installation from the
media, but I do need to select any of the packages I have planned; I've had
trouble with this (for X11 specifically).

I want to make a "clean" cygwin installation (using 'setup.exe') on a Win2K
box and find some information from earlier installation attempts seems to be
retained.

I did the following:
 1) Copied a new 'setup.exe' from 'www.cygwin.com' and placed it in a
directory I had used on previous installation attempts, but had erased using
the Win2K file manager.

 2) Started my new 'setup.exe' and found it already held some defaults from
a previous attempt, specifically:
  (a) the fact I wanted to 'Download' rather than 'Install', and
  (b) the identity of the mirror server I had used.

I suppose there may be more retained information I don't know about.

How should I completely "launder" a Win32 box so I can get a "really clean"
Cygwin installation from one mirror server?

Thanks for suggestions.

John M. Mills
Staff Engineer
EMS Technologies