This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: How is cygwin's minimal setup-data retained in Win32? (Still have an installation problem.)
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: "Mills, John M." <Mills dot J at ems-t dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 11:51:11 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: Re: How is cygwin's minimal setup-data retained in Win32? (Still have an installation problem.)
- References: <8509A0473763CE41A0A3D19A0E2C76F501A28F10@mre04.enterprise.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Mills, John M. wrote:
> I want to make a "clean" cygwin installation (using 'setup.exe') on a
> Win2K box and find some information from earlier installation attempts
> seems to be retained.
> 2) Started my new 'setup.exe' and found it already held some defaults
> from a previous attempt, specifically:
> (a) the fact I wanted to 'Download' rather than 'Install', and
> (b) the identity of the mirror server I had used.
The above are retained in /etc/setup/last-* (namely, last-action and
> I suppose there may be more retained information I don't know about.
There are also last-cache, which stores the cache directory, and
last-connection, which stores (some) connection settings.
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html