RE: How well supported is csh/tcsh?

Sorry, I don't get what you mean

> o Can I use tsch as a "nicer" csh and should this be fully
> compatible with csh?
Yes see below.
> o Any testimonials good or bad?

For FreeBSD, the default shell is tcsh (masquerading as csh.)
For most linux's its BASH (sometimes pretending to be sh)
The shell you use is normaly down to personal preference,
I prefer bash as that's what Ive always used, others swear by
(t)csh, ksh or zsh.
Tcsh is fully csh compatible according to http://www.tcsh.org/Welcome
and I'd recopmend it over csh. As an aside, if your planning to do
much shell scripting, I'd recommend using sh/bash/ksh (never used zsh
so cant comment) over csh/tcsh.
See http://www.faqs.org/faqs/unix-faq/shell/csh-whynot/for reasons
Against using csh although this is only if you are planning to do much
Scripting with csh.

Vince