Re: No libintl.jar in gettext-0.14.1-1

daniel.steinmann@ubs.com wrote:
The document /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/gettext-0.14.1.README tells me it
should be around. Are there any reasons why this jar is not available in
0.14.1?

Yep. It barely worked in 0.12.x, by dint of some kludgy wrapper scripts around Sun's jdk javac. In 0.14.1, my kludgy scripts didn't work, mainly because Bruno changes the gettext build process on <comicbookguyvoice> Every. Single. MicroRelease.

Since java use on cygwin is fairly limited, I released the "rest" of 0.14.1 instead. It's been almost a year now and yours is the first complaint, so that was apparently the correct decision.

But I forgot to update the docu.

I'll make another stab at the java gettext support on a future release; with gcj coming along, I may, at that future date, be able to build it with all-cygwin tools instead of using silly wrappers around native tools -- which would be a lot easier.

--
Chuck