Re: Mirror, Mirroring, Download, Downloading Cygwin Release Using rsync

Brian Dessent wrote:
L Anderson wrote:

Initially I used --exclude but decided it was safer to ask for what I
want rather than for everything but what I don't want. If a subdirectory
that I don't want is added to the mirror, it gets downloaded until I
discover it and change the --exclude to exclude it. The mirror's
directory structure is more stable now than when I stared so it might
not be such a problem, however, .....

You can do that too in a single pass:

mirror=mirrors.kernel.org
dir=sources.redhat.com/cygwin
dest=/d/cygwin-mirror
rsync -rlt $mirror::$dir/setup*\ $dir/release/ $dest

In deference to the Bellman: "I like it, I like it, I like it!!!" It's revisit my old script time!

(The rsync man page covers specifying multiple sources in the section
'ADVANCED USAGE'.)

Thanks for this pointer and the help!

Regards,

Lowell