This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: findutils still broken
- From: Chuck <skilover at softhome dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 13:46:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: findutils still broken
- References: <courier.4267C34E.00005B06@softhome.net> <SERRANOmBz2KyUgI2Yu00000095@SERRANO.CAM.ARTIMI.COM>
Dave Korn wrote:
> Presumably the reason that this behaviour is new is that there used to be
> a bug that stopped it even attempting to recurse those dirs, because nothing
> with '*' in it could ever be a valid filename.
So there where does the problem lie? Is it that cygwin doesn't support
"*" as a file name? Or is it a limitation of Windows that is inherited
by Cygwin? IIRC "*" is a perfectly valid Posix file name and I can
create it on any other Posix compliant platform by simply running "touch
Find version 4.1.7 and prior had no problems handling it. I am still
using the older version for that reason.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html