Re: gcc 4.0 and 3.3 at the same time?

Krzysztof Duleba wrote:

Hi

Since gcc 4.0 is out, sooner or later there will be a Cygwin release. As
much as I look forward to it, I hope it won't replace the current release
of 3.3.

I see that C++ headers are kept in /usr/include/c++/3.3.3 and some
libraries in /lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3, but a bunch of libraries
like libstdc++.a are placed in /lib, so there will be an obvious conflict.

Does Cygwin gcc maintainer intend to resolve it so that it would be
possible for gcc 3.3 and 4.0 to coexist? It seems that all one has to do
is to build gcc with some options so that it keeps its libraries somewhere
else. I can give it a try and submit a patch to build scripts, but I guess
that the maintainer will do it with much less effort.

I'll try to do so. AFAIK it is just one configure flag which needs to be changed.

Gerrit -- =^..^=