Re: gcc 4.0 and 3.3 at the same time?

Am Freitag, 22. April 2005 13:27 schrieb Jason FU:
> Gerrit P. Haase <gp <at> familiehaase.de> writes:
> > Krzysztof Duleba wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Since gcc 4.0 is out, sooner or later there will be a Cygwin release.
> > > As much as I look forward to it, I hope it won't replace the current
> > > release of 3.3.
> >
> > I'll try to do so.  AFAIK it is just one configure flag which needs to
> > be changed.
> >
> > Gerrit
>
> I perfer CYGWIN to have only one compiler to work at one time as normal
> Linux does. I prefer a more UNIX like CYGWIN.

Asking just out of curiosity: how are you affected by the simple possibility
to install multiple versions off gcc? If you want just one version of gcc on
your system, isn't installing just one version of gcc an option for you?

Regards
  mks

BTW: On my Linux box, I have installed both gcc 3.3.5 and gcc 3.4. Obviously
at most one of them is doing some work at a given time.