Re: gcc 4.0 and 3.3 at the same time?

Markus SchÃnhaber <mks <at> schoenhaber.de> writes:

> Am Freitag, 22. April 2005 13:27 schrieb Jason FU:
> > Gerrit P. Haase <gp <at> familiehaase.de> writes:
> > > >
> Asking just out of curiosity: how are you affected by the simple possibility
> to install multiple versions off gcc? If you want just one version of gcc on
> your system, isn't installing just one version of gcc an option for you?
>
> Regards
>   mks
>
> BTW: On my Linux box, I have installed both gcc 3.3.5 and gcc 3.4. Obviously
> at most one of them is doing some work at a given time.

I think GCC is a reliable tool. We don't need to have the old version to
co-exist for chaos. If you worry that GCC 4.0 doesn't work properly, why don't
you wait for a while for people's comments? With multiple versions of the same
development tool, you'll have infinite nightmares for your code.

Thanks.

Jason