Re: Cygwince

On Apr 22 17:23, Dave Korn wrote:
> [...]

Actually, MSYS is a branch from some old version of Cygwin, 1.3.xx, dunno
exactly, with a few patches applied to work without registry and stuff like
that.

I guess it would be better for a Cygwince project to stick with MSYS for
a couple of reasons.  For instance, it never changed to 64 bit file access,
it doesn't have lots of NT specific code, it has not such a complex
implementation of security considerations.  All in all, MSYS is probably
the better base for developing a lean CE Cygwin.  I'd suggest to contact
the MSYS development team on sourceforge.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.