RE: I need to change my home directory

At 12:56 PM 4/22/2005, you wrote:
>Or see
>http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin/cygwin-ug-net/using-utils.html#mkpasswd for
>hints on setting it in /etc/passwd.  (But I really don't know if bash or the
>cygwin dll actually check /etc/passwd.)

Of course they do.  The doc you point to says this, among other things:

  The mkpasswd program can be used to help configure your Windows system
  to be more UNIX-like by creating an initial /etc/passwd from your system
  information. Its use is essential on the NT series (Windows NT, 2000, and
  XP) to include Windows security information,...

I'd recommend setting your home in '/etc/passwd' unless you have a need to
set it in your environment (i.e. share it with Windows, some other app needs
it, etc).

Holliston, MA 01746