Re: FontForge

Lapo Luchini schrieb:
I just downloaded the cygwin-binary from http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/
Awesome.
Simply awesome.

Just to let you know it exists, it works and it works DAMN FINE! ;-)

Should we post here now our all experiences about unexpected happy encounters with unix tools suddenly working on windows via cygwin?
fontforge is officially mentioned to work with cygwin.

I used to have more promising encounters of the positive kind with other unix/linux packages, which compile and work OOTB, without any mentioning that they work under windows, some only with mentioning MSVC or Intel.
faad2 e.g. yesterday just compiled and works OOTB to decode a strange new mp4 aac audio, which other tools refuse to detect/decode.
Or xvid, libogg, libvorbis, flac, ...

A big thanks to autotools and all the package maintainers who use it.
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/