This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
re: badspammer and cygwin setup
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: David Burt <david at burt7259 dot freeserve dot co dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 15:50:34 -0400 (EDT)
- Subject: re: badspammer and cygwin setup
- References: <001d01c5483a$2beb6f80$0202a8c0@FAMILY>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sat, 23 Apr 2005, David Burt wrote:
> BlankCan anyone help - I have tried to download cygwin setup.exe and my PC
> (runs windows XP with SP2) thinks its a spambot and I get re-directed to
> any ideas?
Which browser do you use? Do you use proxies? Anonymizer sites? Please
provide more details about your network setup...
On a different note (a general question to the list), any reason why
setup.exe isn't mirrored? Can the setup executable (with a versioned
name) be placed in the Cygwin package root directory (i.e., where
setup.bz2/setup.ini usually goes)?
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"The Sun will pass between the Earth and the Moon tonight for a total
Lunar eclipse..." -- WCBS Radio Newsbrief, Oct 27 2004, 12:01 pm EDT
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html